On our Clean Pro Gutter Cleaning blog, we are always trying to show the different reasons you need to clean out your gutters. The cost of replacing your guttering, due to sheer neglect, is one of the most important reasons. Rain Gutter Replacement can be a very expensive process that can actually largely be avoided by simply ensuring that your gutters are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. You gutters play a vital role in keeping your home from being damaged by rainwater, so when you neglect them you really are opening up the door for a lot of costly repairs.
Rain gutters are particularly important in regions where here is heavy rainfall. The thing about rain gutters is that most people don’t really give them much thought, then before you know it they are blocked and you end up with a real mess on your hands. On top of that allowing your rain gutters to get blocked with debris adds weight to them, which can definitely damage them which can make replacing them more frequently a necessity. This of course can get very pricey which should serve as a great source of motivation for you to make regular cleaning of your rain gutters something that you take seriously.
Different Types Of Rain Gutters
If you are at a point where gutter replacement is a necessity then you should take a little time to learn about the different options that you have. It’s important that you choose rain gutters that will work well as well as look nice since you are likely going to be living with them as a part of your home for quite a while. In terms of style there are two main types of rain gutters, a K-style gutter and a round bottom gutter. Both should work equally well for your home as long as they are properly maintained. In addition to choosing the right style of rain gutter you also need to make a decision about what type of material you want your gutters to be made from.
- Aluminum rain gutters are the most commonly used style of guttering. It is lightweight, won’t rust, and comes in a variety of colors. On top of that they can be painted so that if you decide that you want to paint your home you won’t have to replace your gutters.
- Copper rain gutters are known for being both durable and long lasting as well as exceptionally beautiful. Copper gutters don’t need to be painted because like anything made of copper they will develop a patina over time. If you decide that you want copper gutters you are going to have to hire a professional since they will require their seams and joints to be welded.
- Steel rain gutters are very heavy and durable and should last for a very long time. They can also be pricey, but since they should last you for a longer time period than most other types of gutters this is an investment that is often worth paying.
- Vinyl rain gutters are a very inexpensive option, but you have to remember that you get what you pay for. While they are inexpensive they are also not very durable, are prone to cracking in cold weather, and they need replacing on a regular basis.
- Zinc rain gutters are similar to copper gutters in that they are durable, long lasting, develop a patina over time, and they require professional installation.
- Seamless aluminum gutters have quickly become one of the more popular options out there with most new gutters that are installed being of this variety. Instead of using prefabricated gutters the installer will show up with raw aluminum and make them on site to fit your home. The big benefit of this type of gutter is their lack of seams makes leaks and blockages less likely.
The Cost Of New Rain Gutters
Now that you have a basic understanding of the types of rain gutters that are available you are probably wondering about cost. Now if you are willing to do the work yourself you can save yourself quite a bit of money. Unfortunately there are two main issues that may prevent you from being able to do the work. First, installing rain gutters is very labor intensive and involves a lot of work and working on ladders. Second, some types of rain gutters can only be installed by people with the right training and equipment. If you decide to go the do it yourself route to save some money, you have to remember that the quality of gutters you are installing won’t be the best. That means you will have to replace them more frequently, which of course means more money out of your pocket.
To give you an idea of what to expect in terms of cost for materials these following examples should give you an idea of what type of ballpark your costs will fall into. In terms of cost for materials you can usually pick up vinyl gutters for anywhere from $1 to $3 a linear foot. Aluminum rain gutters, that are prefabricated usually go for about $5 to $15 a linear foot. Copper gutters run for around $30 to $40 a linear foot.
On top of the cost of materials when you hire a professional to do the job you can expect to pay them per foot anywhere from $3 per foot on the low end up to $15 or more on the higher end. That may not sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly. For example lets say you went with vinyl, had it installed, and needed 150 feet worth of gutters. That bill would come up to about $600 on the low end and upwards of about $2,500 on the high end. If you did the same job using copper you would be looking at a price range of about $4,700 to $6,500. That’s quite a bit of money in either case.
Why Gutter Cleaning Saves You Money By Reducing Your Need For Gutter Replacement
Anything that you own needs regular maintenance and care if you want it to last for a long time. This includes your rain gutters. When you look at the staggering costs associated with having your rain gutters replaced it should be obvious that avoiding this is in your best financial interests. The bottom line is that you have to decide if you want to spend a little money now to avoid a problem, or if you want to spend a lot of money later on gutter replacement.
To receive a free quote to clean out your rain gutters, please click on this link here.